Fuel Prices Surge to New Records: Forecast is for Further Price Increases
This article was originally published here: https://www.automotive-fleet.com/10174614/fuel-prices-surge-to-new-records-forecast-is-for-further-price-increases.
June 13, 2022
The 99th State of the Fleet Industry video produced by Automotive Fleet offers insights into the state of the fleet market as presented by AF Editor Mike Antich.
🎙Today’s topics include:
- Gasoline and diesel prices hit record highs.
- Higher fuel costs to create demand destruction.
- Oil refinery constraints limited output of refined fuel.
- 2023 models mostly ordered via controlled allocation system.
- Impact of late tax refunds on the used vehicle market.
Make sure you’re signed up for the AF newsletter so you don’t miss another State of the Fleet Industry video.
📰 Sign up for the Automotive Fleet newsletter.
🤝 Follow and connect with Automotive Fleet on social media!
🎧 Prefer to listen? Check out the State of the Fleet Industry podcast!
⌚ Timestamps ⌚
0:29 Gasoline and Diesel Record Highs
2:20 Higher Fuel Costs Create Demand Destruction
3:12 Oil Refinery Constraints Limited Output
5:35 2023 Models Via Controlled Allocation System
7:07 Impact of Late Tax Refunds on Used Market